How Will Geofencing In Rochester Integrate With A Home Security System?
The latest residential security options are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to perform easy security chores like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Rochester, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Rochester For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter around your residence, which you may customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements use to interact with each other. The technology takes smart home devices further by putting all devices onto the same network. You are then able to set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your home and assign particular actions when you cross the boundary.
For example, when you exit your premises, you could program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the devices you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Rochester. When accessing the mobile app, you are able to make the most of automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to operate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or disengage your security alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular equipment engage based on another activity. Have your thermostat activate the exhaust fan when the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your security camera notices strange movements around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Rochester
Whether you seek added certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (507) 218-4806 or send in the following form to start designing your ideal security system.